Governing Bodies / Courses
- The BMC - The voice for all climbers and mountaineers. Also the place to go to get insurance for climbing abroad, club and hut directories and much more.
- Mountain Leader Training England - Administers ML and SPA awards. Information about upcoming courses can be found here.
- Plas y Brenin - The National Mountain Centre. Courses for just about any outdoor activity.
- Active First Aid - Run several first aid courses, including the 2-day REC level 2 outdoors-based course (the minimum requirement for SPA/ML awards). Comes highly recommended by several LUUMC members who have done them!
- Bear Down Productions - Some EXCELLENT climbing videos on this site, as well as some quality galleries.
- Climbfind - Find climbing partners online
- The Climbing Injuries Website - Has useful info on recovery from shoulder, elbow and finger injuries.
- Dave MacLeod's Website - Dave's climbing site is cool. In particular, check out the Online Climbing Coach (OCC) blog for some good tips on training and stuff.
- IP-Climber - Subversive climbing blog, rounding up recent events on other climbing sites and forums.
- Mount Everest The British Story - For all information concerning the British on Mount Everest, we will provide the answers to many questions. From their first expedition to those of today, you will find a comprehensive history, list of summiteers, amazing facts, a gallery and much more.
- PsychoVertical - Excellent climbing website by Andy Kirkpatrick.
- Rockfax routes Database - Online version of Rockfax guidebooks, covering Peak Grit and Yorkshire Limestone among others.
- The British Mountaineering Council (BMC) - A repository of information about climbing and mountaineering in the UK, including courses and access issues and much more.
- The Leeds Wall - Local indoor wall, also hosts the Yorkshire grit new routes database.
- The Low Grade Grit Site - A great little site on low grade climbing predominantly in the peak.
- UberVenture - Amusing anecdotes of outdoor pursuits!
- UKBouldering - Like UKC, but different... A small, more to-the-point-than-Cocktalk bouldering site with useful info in the forums on all things bouldery.
- UKClimbing - Home of the big bad UKC forum, a scary place for the newbie indeed. Also has crag and route databases, galleries, articles, climbing news.
- West Coast Mountain Guides - Alan Kimber's site - with an excellent and regularly updated blog with Scottish winter conditions (in winter) and Alpine conditions (in summer)
- Yorkshiregrit.com - Gritstone Bouldering in Yorkshire.
- Alpkit - Not much climbing gear, but outdoorsy type stuff (and a bouldering pad) at unbelievable prices.
- Buachaille.com - Reviews and price comparisons of gear.
- Needlesports - Another great climbing gear website to spend all your student loan at.
- Nevisport - Online gear shop, also have a store in Leeds.
- Outside - Online store.
- Planet Fear - Excellent climbing and adventure racing news site as well as a cracking gear shop.
- Rock and run - Ace online gear shop, full of cheap shiny stuff.
- The Outdoor Shop - Large online gear shop.
- Up and Under - Online store.
- V12 Outdoor - Online store, also acts as DMM factory shop outlet.
- Chamonix Weather - Check out the conditions in the Alps
- Metcheck - Weather prediction trickery and witchcraft.
- Mountain Weather Information Service - For getting Lakes, Wales, Peak district and Scotland forecasts. Aimed specifically at climbers and hikers.
- Scottish Avalanche Information Service - Will become active in the winter (no snow=no avalanches, doh!) - gives detailed info about the snow and avalanche conditions.
- Philosophy and Mountains - A website devoted to the various connections between philosophy, mountains and mountaineering
If you would like us to add a link to this page, please contact us. All we ask in return is for you to add a link back to us on your website.